I'm an international Image Wardrobe Consultant & Personal Shopper. Originally from Brooklyn, New York, I started working in the fashion industry while interning in college. I worked in-house PR for a few luxury brands and transitioned into freelance styling focused mainly on fashion editorials, video shoots, and e-commerce. It really exposed me to all angles of styling. While freelancing I started working in luxury retail and building strong relationships with my clients, and it just led me into the world of personal shopping and styling.
2. How do you define fashion and or style?
Fashion is having the latest. It’s all about what's current and hot at the moment. Style is personalized to an individual; it's about having an identity and using clothing as self-expression.
3. What influences your style? ie travel, work, movies, magazines, social media trends, celebrities, color, etc.
I travel a lot, so when I visit a new country, I'm always on the hunt for some new interesting pieces that are significant to that country. I find inspiration in culture and people. I'm old school, so I LOVE a good magazine and usually draw inspiration from there and movies as well!
4. How has your style evolved?
My style has evolved tremendously from working for myself and leaving my full-time job. I went from wearing heels every other day to more athleisure with dresses and sneakers. Also, moving to London, my wardrobe is very different when I'm in NYC. My London wardrobe is definitely more button-up but still cool. Love a good pair of distressed jeans with tweed blazers.
5. What does your dream wardrobe consist of?
In other words - Studio 54! As much as I love having a sneaker moment, I'm fairly girly. My ideal wardrobe will be full of color, sparkle, fringe, vintage, floral print, leather, with a ton of jewelry! I would also add in a shoe wall and about 5 shelves of designer bags!
6. If you were to give fashion advice to your younger self what would it be?
I will say invest in more quality pieces. I've spent so much money replacing staples. These are the pieces that I wear the most of and could have saved so much if I just spent more on quality and spent less on trends. Fashion mistake 101!
7. How important is it to be body positive and to appreciate the skin that you're in?
The most important thing is to love the skin you're in and treat yourself well! You can wear the most fabulous outfit, but if you can't see it or feel it, then what's the point? That's something that has to be worked on from within.
8. What do you love about jewelry? What is your absolute favorite is it earrings, necklaces, etc.
I am such a jewelry lover. I love that it just elevates an outfit, takes a look from basic to chic in 5 seconds. I love to layer my jewelry, there's really no specific rule with me. I will mix gold, silver, and rose gold when layering dainty pieces. For more statement pieces, I like to keep everything in the same family. Some of my fav designers are Zoe Chicco, Kenneth Jay Lane, Jennifer Fisher, Argento Vivo, and Cult Gaia.
9. How do you incorporate accessories and jewelry into your daily looks?
It's all about balance, I usually wear a stack of dainty necklaces as my everyday look. Sometimes I would love to stack on rings as well. In spring, I usually tie a silk scarf around my ponytails for a more girly look.
You will never catch me wearing large logos or flesh-tone leggings! That will be an absolute NO!
11. Tell us why you choose fashion and style. So what we mean by that is, we don’t have to dress up, we don’t have to adorn ourselves with jewels and embellish with accessories, but we do, we choose to… why do you?
Fashion and style are a lifestyle for me. It allows me to express myself, and it's a part of my identity. I incorporate it into my daily life because it makes me feel good!
12. What’s your favorite fashion/style quote or mantra?
One of fav quotes is by DVF. "Confidence, if you have it, you can make anything look good" - DVF
13. How and where can people connect with you?
You can visit my website www.projectbeenyc.com or connect with me on Instagram @projectbeenyc
Beautifully said Beverly! Wear whatever makes you feel good, and embrace your style. Also, why settle for one piece of jewelry when you can layer the sparkle!