1. Who is Chynna Morgan?
I am multifaceted: I am intelligent, innovative, passionate, ambitious, introspective, determined, yet funny. I love my family and my dogs. I am spiritual, adventurous, and a lover of the dance floor. I strive to create a balanced life by working hard and having fun.
2. How do you define fashion and or style?
I would define my fashion as simple, sexy, and fun! I believe that less is more, but because less is more, you need to have statement pieces. Whether that is a funky shirt, jacket, shoes, jewelry, or a wild hairstyle (something has to stand out).
3. What influences your style? i.e. travel, work, movies, magazines, social media trends, celebrities, color, etc.
I don't particularly follow specific trends, but it is more about how I am feeling or what is inspiring me at the time. This means, for some, a piece of clothing may be considered out of style, but for me, nothing is ever out of style; I think everyone has the power to make their own style; that is what makes fashion so much fun. I love dressing in my color wheelhouse; they bring out my undertones, making my outfits pop.
4. How has your style evolved?
My style has matured over time. I used to be afraid to mix things up, but now I am bold and fashion-forward and love dressing for any occasion.
5. What does your dream wardrobe consist of?
A closet full of funky one-of-a-kind shoes and statement pieces, particularly shirts/blouses and jackets. Also, I can’t forget accessories, I can’t live without a cute handbag and jewelry.
6. If you were to give fashion advice to your younger self what would it be?
Follow your own style and trend, and remember nothing is off-limits as long as you like it. That is the epitome of true confidence.
7. How important is it to be body positive and to appreciate the skin that you're in?
It is important for women to appreciate themselves no matter what size or skin they are in. That is the beauty of being a woman, we all come in different sizes, shapes, and colors, and we are all equally beautiful. I have learned that beauty is not about your size or any beauty standard, but it is about how YOU feel about yourself; this is what exudes true confidence
8. What do you love about jewelry? What is your absolute favorite, is it earrings, necklaces, etc.
A bold ring and necklace are my favorite. I love a good necklace because it can take the most basic outfit and bring it to life. I have always loved a ring set, and I think it can make any outfit pop (especially if you have a fresh mani).
9. How do you incorporate accessories and jewelry into your daily looks?
I always pop on a ring for every outfit and a handbag to match. When I don't feel like dressing up, I like to put on a statement ring, a stack of layer rings, or a unique necklace. Your outfit looks like you spent some time putting it together when in reality, your accessories are doing all the talking for your outfit.
10. What are your non-negotiables... What must you have/wear/do? and what are your, “I’m never ever doing or wearing that”?
I must have my lipgloss, and a jean jacket because you can wear it with anything and dress it up or down. A fashion no-no for me would be wedges, I feel like they are too heavy and clunky, and I'm not too fond of the way they look.
11. Tell us why you choose fashion and style. So what we mean by that is, we don’t have to dress up, we don’t have to adorn ourselves with jewels and embellish with accessories, but we do, we choose to… why do you?
I love fashion because it’s fun. You can take one piece and wear it in various styles that look different any day of the week. You can embrace different personas, given how you are feeling. One day you can look like a punk rocker, then the next, a businesswoman; the versatility is priceless. Also, fashion is ageless; you can embrace your unique style no matter your age.
12. What’s your favorite fashion/style quote or mantra?
No matter how you feel, you're guaranteed to feel better if you put on a cute outfit.
13. How and where can people connect with you?
Connect with me on Linkedin and Instagram.
Perfectly stated Chynna- and quite an intriguing way to describe accessories. A takeaway quote from here is, "...your accessories are doing all the talking for your outfit". Ladies, what accessories are you picking for this role?