1. Who is Torey Lehman?
I am the founder of the sustainable jewelry line Reigning Grey. I live in NJ and work in NY. My favorite hobbies are reading, swimming, cooking, and designing.
2. How do you define fashion and or style?
Fashion is an all encompassing world created and inspired by design. Style is the ultimate representation of one’s self.
3. What influences your style? ie travel, work, movies, magazines, social media trends, celebrities, color, etc.
My mood, inspirational trips, classic movies, and interior design. No trends. I love celebrities outside of fashion that kill it- people with individualistic style. That’s what inspires me.
4. How has your style evolved?
It’s become a lot chicer over the years. Going to design school then working in the industry has led me to invest in longevity pieces over quick, ill-fitting vintage buying and fast fashion.
5. What does your dream wardrobe consist of?
I like to focus on elevated silhouettes while remaining comfortable, so my dream wardrobe would consist of ethically made clothing from beautiful fabrications. I also LOVE a statement jacket so I would continue building on finding really one-of-a-kind pieces. I am always on the hunt for really well made shoes that are super fashionable.
6. If you were to give fashion advice to your younger self what would it be?
Less is more. I think there’s beauty to simplicity but that doesn't mean you edit out color and pattern. Devote the time to presentation as fashion is our visual communicator.
7. How important is it to be body positive and to appreciate the skin that you're in?
It is critical! The world has evolved so so much since I was younger for women being represented in all shapes and sizes. I think it’s becoming a thriving lane for support so invest in yourself and invest in the company you keep. Self love baby.
8. What do you love about jewelry? What is your absolute favorite is it earrings, necklaces, etc.
I have loved jewelry for as long as I remember. I am a sucker for a statement earring as I love a good party. My current favorite is our Harlow Earring. It's super lightweight and shaped like pearl kissed waves. I love that jewelry is such a conversation starter when it’s designed thoughtfully.
9. How do you incorporate accessories and jewelry into your daily looks?
Lately I have been creating with silver, and my go to for summer was simple dressing so our Chelsea earring and Britney bracelet made a daily appearance. Since I've been wearing masks I'm having a bracelet moment- getting more into stacks. I tend to lean more into our amber pieces when fall hits.
10. What are your non-negotiables... What must you have / wear / do? and what are your, “I’m never ever doing or wearing that”?
Super soft oversized sweaters, well fitted trousers, linens for summer, perfectly fitted jeans. My never agains would be strapless bras, anything strapless haha, stilettos, tattoos, box dye for hair, oversized belts..so many belts...why were we doing this?
11. Tell us why you choose fashion and style. So what we mean by that is, we don’t have to dress up, we don’t have to adorn ourselves with jewels and embellish with accessories, but we do, we choose to… why do you?
It's part of who I am. Since childhood I remember loving playing dress up. It's that moment you have when you look in the mirror and feel satisfied, beautiful, and ready to conquer the day. Fashion and style are curious, imaginative, impactful, and playful.
12. What’s your favorite fashion/style quote or mantra?
I don't have a favorite but a dear friend said when she thinks of my style and brand that “Clothes are the foundation for accessories.”
13. How and where can people connect with you?
@reigninggrey on insta https://www.instagram.com/reigninggrey/
tik tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@reigninggreyis_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
You're right, Torey- beautifully designed pieces and jewelry can be eye-catching and change your entire look! Thank you for sharing some of your inspirations and feelings with us.