I’m a Publicist and a Designer with 2 eco-friendly Fashion brands, Punk Majesty Streetwear & Punk Majesty Customs. I’m a music fanatic who loves fashion and cares about the planet.
2. How do you define fashion and or style?
Fashion is artistically designed fantasy interpreted into clothing. Style is what we adopt and exude in everything we wear. Style is something an individual creates through how they put themselves together and the visual story we present to the world.
3. What influences your style? ie travel, work, movies, magazines, social media trends, celebrities, color, etc.
What influences my style is my individual emotional response to the art and design behind the clothing, and how it looks on a person, whether on a street, on a runway, on TV or a movie, wherever. The designs are what I respond to. I can’t be influenced by labels, brands or what is popular in society. It’s all about my emotional response to design that influences my style and what I choose to wear.
4. How has your style evolved?I still love a lot of what I wore as a teenager (motorcycle jackets, denim, leggings, boots, turtlenecks, chains, spikes, punky detail), but as I grew up, it continued to elevate. PVC elevated to leather and latex, and then high fashion adopted all the types of looks and details I’d been wearing as a punk and goth kid 30 years ago and put those ideas on runways and elevated the price tags. Every major luxury brand has capitalized on elements of punk style.
5. What does your dream wardrobe consist of?
For everyday, I love classic styles like denim, leather motorcycle jackets, bomber jackets, and combat and Chelsea boots. But I also love patterns, and designers Jean Paul Gaultier and Vivienne Westwood, and Dapper Dan’s influence on Gucci, and I love Versace’s strappy bondage and punk inspired styles. My dream wardrobe is a mix of classic styles, black leather, bold patterns, and beautifully designed punk-inspired pieces and patterns, with some 1950s and 60s retro cocktail dresses, (like Marilyn Monroe and the 50s starlets wore) for going out.
6. If you were to give fashion advice to your younger self what would it be?
Do whatever feels good and don’t worry about anyone else. I didn’t need to give myself that advice because I lived that way and I was right.
7. How important is it to be body positive and to appreciate the skin that you're in?
8. What do you love about jewelry? What is your absolute favorite is it earrings, necklaces, etc.
I feel naked without earrings! But I also love necklaces, rings, and bracelets. I’ve always worn all of them.
9. How do you incorporate accessories and jewelry into your daily looks?
They are the icing on the cake. I always wear accessories. Earrings are required. It depends on the outfit and neckline whether I wear a necklace, but 90% of the time, I do. I wear bracelets with everything that doesn’t have a rigid sleeve that might be in the way of bracelets. I always wear rings.
10. What are your non-negotiables... What must you have/wear/do? and what are your, “I’m never ever doing or wearing that”?
My non-negotiable is that I always have to own a nice black leather jacket. I collect them! I currently have around 30. I never say “never.”
11. Tell us why you choose fashion and style. So what we mean by that is, we don’t have to dress up, we don’t have to adorn ourselves with jewels and embellish with accessories, but we do, we choose to… why do you?
For myself, I grew up obsessed with music, and fashion and style were associated with that. I come from the first generation of MTV. I was attracted to artists like Madonna, Boy George, and Billy Idol. Those images of fashion and it’s importance alongside music formed who I am.
12. What’s your favorite fashion/style quote or mantra?
Vivienne Westwood: “Buy Less, Choose Well, Make it Last.”
I don’t care to have people follow my personal IG, but it’s not private. It’s AlishaAmnesia.
Well said Alisha. Just like art and music, fashion and style have no rules or boundaries. So experiment and find what makes you feel the most YOU.