I am a creative entrepreneur, who started a popular brand called Rock & Republic and now have started the next big thing in Swimwear, Swiminista! I am a mother, a wife, and a dedicated friend. I care for the environment and stand behind philanthropic causes I believe in.
2. How do you define fashion and or style?
I dress for myself, for my mood. My style is eclectic. Some days I wear turbans and caftans and other days you can find me in a men’s suit or a bright feminine dress. I love to accessorize and I love to mix high and lows as well as vintage pieces. I love animal prints and camouflage, and usually dress a bit bold and I wear a lot of jewelry. And I love hats!
3. What influences your style? i.e. travel, work, movies, magazines, social media trends, celebrities, color, etc.
I love to dress for different occasions, and with a bit of whimsy. I try to always dress appropriately for whatever or wherever I go. My mood is my biggest influence.
4. How has your style evolved?
My style is still always evolving. I feel like now it is more refined, especially since my days wearing all leather and ripped fishnets as a look!
5. What does your dream wardrobe consist of?
I have an entire room converted into my closet dressing room as well as a large walk-in closet filled with coats. I do have a dream closet these days. I don't go to as many places as I used to. However, more limited edition designer coats, jackets, trousers and bags are always welcome! I could use more color in my designer collection.
6. If you were to give fashion advice to your younger self what would it be?
Keep dressing for yourself and stay true to who you are, just do something about that hair!!
7. How important is it to be body positive and to appreciate the skin that you're in?
Confidence is the best thing anyone could do everywhere. I’ve seen it time and time again, no matter what you wear if you wear it with confidence you will look fabulous-remember Lucy and Ethel when they were in Paris and wore feed bags and potato sacks thinking they were from a famous designer? They looked fabulous!
8. What do you love about jewelry? What is your absolute favorite is earrings, necklaces, etc.
My daily favorite jewelry is sentimental pieces. I love how jewelry can entirely change the look of any outfit from super bold to dainty. My daily favorites that I never take off are my evil eye necklace, my star necklace, and my Hawaiian heirloom custom bracelets with my husband and daughters names with special messages engraved inside. I also have tiny diamond studs that hold a very special meaning to me as well. They are my favorite. I actually got an extra piercing in my ears so I can always wear them yet still have space for other fun earrings. I am a bit obsessed with gold hoops these days.
9. How do you incorporate accessories and jewelry into your daily looks?
To me, jewelry finishes your look off. I can be found wearing expensive and custom pieces together. The only time I not wearing jewelry is when I'm in the cryo machine!
10. What are your non-negotiables... What must you have / wear / do? and what are your, “I’m never ever doing or wearing that”?
FUR! Never ever! My must-have is comfort, I must feel comfortable. If I'm not feeling it, I will change, but I also get dressed super fast and never spend too much time in front of the mirror. I try not to overthink anything.
I also live by the famous quote from the movie Aunty Mame, “life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death” I live that way every day!
- My IG name, pretty clever right lol andreabernholtz and my email is email@example.com
Vibrantly put Andréa! With so many accessories, patterns, colors, and styles, it's a great opportunity to have fun, experiment, and express yourself. And we agree- confidence is fabulous!