Caring for Your Jewels
What we carry
Most of our pieces are 14kt gold filled or dipped and have a base metal of brass or copper, and select pieces over sterling. Gold filled is much thicker than traditional plating. These pieces wear like 14kt gold over it's lifetime and are an affordable alternate. Our pendants/charms are 14kt gold filled or raw brass. Raw brass pieces come with polishing cloths so you can polish your pieces back to their shine and luster. Details about each individual piece are included in your box and in member emails.
Your jewels can sustain getting wet. If they get a lil moisture on them not to fret. We make the recommendations below so that you can enjoy your jewels longterm. These pieces are not throw away jewels. So that you can continue to have fun with your accessories for years to come please review our care tips below.
Caring for your pieces
1. Avoid getting them wet (water, perfume, chlorine, sunscreen, any other harsh chemicals).
2. Keep them away from oils, lotions, and soaps.
3. Try putting your jewelry on last to minimize contact with the chemicals listed above.
1. Take them off at night and store them away.
3. Use a soft cloth to gently remove any substance (body moisture, oils, etc.) from your pieces.
2. Store your GB jewels in a cool, dry place to avoid oxidation. Don’t store them in humid areas.
3. Put them in the jewelry box.
4. For your dainty and delicate pieces, store appropriately to avoid tangling or damage.
Please Note: Everyone’s skin can react differently to various metals like brass, gold-filled, vermeil or plated finishes. It is best to know if you have any allergies to metals prior to purchasing your items, as we are not liable for miscellaneous skin reactions.
We are not responsible for damaged merchandise, wear, tarnishing, or any miscellaneous skin reactions that may occur by foregoing our above Care and Storage recommendations.
We provide a 1 year quality guarantee on any piece that abnormally tarnishes or discolors. See more information on our FAQ page.